DNA extraction from frozen blood

Nigel Kenward mbxnjk at vax.nott.ac.uk
Thu Oct 17 03:56:02 EST 1996

Ms. K.K. Martin wrote:

> Allow frozen blood to reach room temperature and use standard protocol.

True to a point, but the freezing will have lysed the blood cells so you
will have VAST amounts of erythrocyte proteins presentwhich will take a
lot of cleaning up. I never got a really good method for frozen blood,
but hey, with the internet, someone somewhere may have a cunning plan.
--
|\   |  |  /    \   /     |         NIGEL KENWARD,
| \  |  | |   ___  |__    |         Dept. Biochemistry,
|  \ |  | |     |  |      |         Nottingham University Medical
School.