silanization of glass plates

Dr. Stefan Kress stefan.kress at uni-tuebingen.de
Fri Oct 18 11:55:38 EST 1996

Hi there,

We lately encountered some problems with non-denaturing PA-gels (0.75
mm) sticking to the "wrong" plate. Although we have treated both plates
(one with repel silane, the other one with binding silane) the gel
partly sticks to the repel silane treated plate.

We can exclude that the chemicals (both Pharmacia) are bad because the
treatment works fine with sequencing gels. The only difference we are
aware off is that the non-denaturing gels were allowed to polymerize at
4 C overnight.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

S. Kress