WWWtacg - Restriction Enzyme Analysis via the Web

Keld Sorensen KeldS at uic.edu
Fri Oct 18 11:15:21 EST 1996

Having software "sniff" out information on your hard drive
then transmit it back to some remote place is absolutely
unacceptable - Microsoft has tried it and others have too,
even current WebBrowsers do some of it (cookies)..
put it is still unacceptable for software to "listen in" on
what goes on on our computer for "sharing" with third parties.....

I would compare it to planting a listening device in your
office/laboratory/home....Highly illegal in most jurisdictions.

Keld.