DNA-affinity chromatography

Dima Klenchin klenchin at facstaff.wisc.edu
Fri Oct 18 14:25:41 EST 1996

In article <9610181511.AA23144 at turnip.mpiz-koeln.mpg.de>, carrasco at mpiz-koeln.mpg.de (Jose Luis Carrasco) wrote:

#  I would like to use the EMPHAZE medium from 3M as matrix
#for DNA-affinity chromatography, but I do not know which is
#the capacity of this medium for oligonucleotides. All the
#information the manufacturer provides with refers to coupling
#of proteins. Does anybody have any experience in using this
#matrix?

Never heard of. Could you tell what the heck this EMPHAZE is?
Very curious. Is there any reason you want to use this instead of
well-documented sepharose and likes?
Then what is to be linked to it? Oligos or big DNAs (ss or ds)?
What is the method of coupling? What typical capacity for
proteins does 3M specify?

- Dima