Luminometer recommendations sought.

Dr E. Buxbaum EB15 at le.ac.uk
Fri Oct 18 06:03:46 EST 1996

rcowherd at mail.med.upenn.edu (Robert  Cowherd) wrote:
>Our lab is current considering the purchase of a luminometer.  We are
>looking to balance (of course...) price and performance.  Any suggestions?

What performance do you need? Single tube or 96 well plate? Do you want
to measure glow kinetics only, or do you need injection capability?

Berthold make a nice 96 well injecting luminometer, which injects each
well seperately immediately before measuring it, I had good success with
that one. We also looked at a similar intrument by Packard, but this
could not inject. On the other hand, it could be used as a beta counter
too, which the Berthold could not. So it realy depends on what you want
to do...