PCR and loading solution

MELANSOND melansond at am.abru.cg.com
Sun Oct 20 12:40:25 EST 1996

i find it hard to believe that one can add the dye and sucrose to the PCR
reaction mixture without severely inhibiting the reaction, however, there are
many things I don't know. So if this truly is possible I would like to hear
about it as well.  In the meantime...  I would suspect that one should add the
immediately before loading the gel.  The concentrations depend on the
concentration of the stock loading dye (10 X, 6X etc), but one would ideally
like to add 1unit of dye / 4 units of reaction volume, to achieve a final
concentration ratio of 1:5.