Marathon-Ready cDNA

Sabah Hussain HUSSAIN at rvhmed.lan.McGill.CA
Sun Oct 20 10:18:45 EST 1996

Hi Netters. I am trying to obtain a full-length sequence of a gene in a relatively
short period of time (grant deadline). I know the classical method is to probe a
cDNA library with a probe. I was told, however, that Clonetech sells a marathon-
Ready cDNA kits in which adaptors are ligated at the 5 and 3' end and then
by performing long PCR with adaptor primers and gene-specific primers, a full
length cDNA could be obtained. Has anyone got some experience with these kits and
how reliable this Marathon-Ready cDNA technique ? Any suggestions are appreciated.
Sabah Hussain