RNA splicing by insect and yeast cells

Dom Spinella dspinella at chugaibio.com
Mon Oct 21 13:44:56 EST 1996

Does anyone out there know if mammalian RNA splice signals are
recognized by yeast and/or insect (Sf9) cells?  I have subcloned some
constructs from a mammalian expression vector into yeast (both
sacchromyces and pichea) and baculovirus vectors, but have left two
short introns from the original construct intact.  These introns are
spliced out in  mammalian cells, but it occurs to me that they may not
be spliced correctly in lower eukaryotic cells.  I'd hate to
re-engineer the constructs, but if I have to, I have to...
Thanks for any info.
-- Dom Spinella, Ph.D.