fluorescence DNA labelling kits

liebert at bscr.uga.edu liebert at bscr.uga.edu
Mon Oct 21 13:24:37 EST 1996

We are switching to fluorescence DNA labelling methods now that we have access
 to Molecular Dynamics Fluoroimager and Phosphorimager systems.  I would like
 to know what direct fluorescence labelling kits/methods are currently being used
and with what success.  We perform Southern blots, slot blots, PCR primer, PCR
 product, and oligo labelling. Molecular Dynamics recommends Amersham's Vistra
ECF random prime labelling and signal amplification kit, and  Vistra ECF oligolabelling and signal amplification kit.  Any comments??