fluorescence DNA labelling kits

Gabriele Kerber kerber at alf.biochem.mpg.de
Tue Oct 22 03:19:15 EST 1996

liebert at bscr.uga.edu wrote:

> We are switching to fluorescence DNA labelling methods now that we have access
>  to Molecular Dynamics Fluoroimager and Phosphorimager systems.  I would like
>  to know what direct fluorescence labelling kits/methods are currently being used
> and with what success.  We perform Southern blots, slot blots, PCR primer, PCR
>  product, and oligo labelling. Molecular Dynamics recommends Amersham's Vistra
> ECF random prime labelling and signal amplification kit, and  Vistra ECF oligolabelling and signal amplification kit.  Any
comments??

Hi!
There is a kit from Kreatech Diagnostics for labelling single-
and doublestranded DNA or RNA with digoxigenin, fluorescin or
biotin. It works with a so calls universal linkage system, that
is al platinum compound, over which the marker group is bound on
about 90 % of the G in your fragment.

I used the digoxigenin-version of the kit for labelling oligos
for in situ hybridization, but without good results. But perhaps
the fluorescin-variant is better...

Kreatech is a company in Amstedam, Netherlands.
That´s the number for asking, who is the Kreatech-distributor in
your area: Phone: +31 20 691 91 81
             Fax: +31 20 696 35 31

Good luck Gabriele Kerber