fluorescence DNA labelling kits

Alexander Kraev kraev at bc.biol.ethz.ch
Tue Oct 22 04:45:02 EST 1996

In article <54gf55$7p4 at hobbes.cc.uga.edu>, liebert at bscr.uga.edu wrote:

> We are switching to fluorescence DNA labelling methods now that we have access
>  to Molecular Dynamics Fluoroimager and Phosphorimager systems.  I would like
>  to know what direct fluorescence labelling kits/methods are currently
being used
> and with what success.  We perform Southern blots, slot blots, PCR primer, PCR
>  product, and oligo labelling. Molecular Dynamics recommends Amersham's
Vistra
> ECF random prime labelling and signal amplification kit, and  Vistra ECF
oligolabelling
 and signal amplification kit.  Any comments??

Any biotin or DIG labelling kit is convertable to the use on Fluoroimager
if you use
Amersham's  "Signal amplification module" reagents and a matching antibody-AP.
I don't know if Attophos is still available separately from JBL
Scientific, as it used to be.

--
Alexander Kraev, PhD
Biochemie III, ETHZ Zurich