Pulse field electrophoresis protocol?

Richard Goering rgoeri at creighton.edu
Mon Oct 21 12:23:09 EST 1996

Yi Zhang (BIO) wrote:

> Hi there:
>
> I want to find a protocol for pulse field eletrophoresis to isolate a
> large piece of DNA fragment. Does anyone have a protocol for pulse field
> electrophoresis which works well in your hands to separate DNA freagment?
The answer to this question depends on whether you are looking for a
switching protocol to resolve the fragment (if so how large is the
fragment) or a protocol for recovering it from the gel.  Additional
information would help in trying to answer your question.

Dr. Richard Goering
Dept. Med. Microbiol. and Immunol.
Creighton Univ. Sch. Med.
Omaha, NE