PCR primers for common plasmids

Ethan Strauss eestraus at staff.uiuc.edu
Tue Oct 22 10:57:13 EST 1996

Hi everyone,
    I have been getting clones from the Arabidopsis EST bank. I would
like to be able to amplify the inserts using primers directed against
the vector. Most of these clones are in lambda ZipLox which has T7 and
SP6 RNA polymerase transcription sites and M13 forward and reverse
sites.
     Can anyone give me advice on primer design for PCR using these
sites? Will the standard sequencing primers sequences work?
If I do go with sequencing primers is it always cheaper to custom order
them to buy them as sequencing primers? Why?

Thanks for your help,
Dr. Ethan Strauss
310 Madigan
University of Illinois