looking for Bsg I restriction enzyme

Pascal_Bochet Pascal_Bochet at brown.edu
Wed Oct 23 08:09:36 EST 1996

In article <326E4BE2.7144 at popHost.com>, h-j.schaefers at popHost.com says...

>Hi all!
>
>I am looking for the class IIs restriction enzyme Bsg I (CAGCTCn16/14).
>I did'nt find it in any catalogues we have here in our lab.
>
>If someone know where i can get/buy this RE, please answer me here
>AND by E-mail.
>
>Thank you in advance !
>
>bye
>        Heinz
>--
>Dipl. Biol. Heinz-Juergen Schaefers
>University of Erlangen, Med. IV, Nephrology Research Lab
>Loschgestr. 8, D-91054 Erlangen, Germany   +49 (0)9131 85-
>E-mail: h-j.schaefers at popHost.com      -9206 (voice) -9202 (fax)

It is available from NEB. But it is listed in their catalog with a different
recognition site (GTGCAG(N)16/14 . The restriction enzyme database that they
keep up to date has many available and non available restriction enzymes,
with commercial supplier (if any) and reference.
You should be able to find it at : www.neb.com
or by FTP .
But how did you find about this enzyme in the first place ?
Pascal_Bochet at brown.edu