GST Antibodies

Evan Burkala eburkala at CENTRAL.MURDOCH.EDU.AU
Wed Oct 23 22:14:52 EST 1996

Hi,
    I was just wondering if any of the many knowledgeable people out
there have any idea about the presence of naturally occurring antibodies
to the GST fusion protein coded for in the pGEX vector (Pharmacia)? I
know it comes from S. japonicum but if one is to use a fusion protein for
detection of antibodies to the fusion partner (protein of interest)
what is the likelihood of GST antibodies giving false-positives in ELISA
in many different animals and even humans. Some parasite experts may
comment on the presence of antibodies to GST in natural Schistosoma
infection.

Any correspondence would be appreciated,
Evan Burkala
Murdoch University
Western Australia