Luminometer recommendations sought.

Robert Cowherd rcowherd at mail.med.upenn.edu
Wed Oct 23 19:36:33 EST 1996

EB15 at le.ac.uk (Dr E. Buxbaum) wrote:

>rcowherd at mail.med.upenn.edu (Robert  Cowherd) wrote:
>>Our lab is current considering the purchase of a luminometer.  We are
>>looking to balance (of course...) price and performance.  Any suggestions?
>
>What performance do you need? Single tube or 96 well plate? Do you want
>to measure glow kinetics only, or do you need injection capability?

At this point I don't think I need to run more than 30-50 samples at
a time.  A single tube would probably work well enough for me.  Of
course, I try to anticipate possible future needs as the lab's pockets
(Funding) may allow....

>Berthold make a nice 96 well injecting luminometer, which injects each
>well seperately immediately before measuring it, I had good success with
>that one. We also looked at a similar intrument by Packard, but this
>could not inject. On the other hand, it could be used as a beta counter
>too, which the Berthold could not. So it realy depends on what you want
>to do...

I appreciate your (and several who emailed me) suggestions .    I will
be following all leads...

Bob Cowherd
       <