peptide quantitation

John E. Fox altabios at
Thu Oct 24 07:32:18 EST 1996

In article <326DF17E.56A5 at>, shartson at BMB-FS1.BIOCHEM.OKSTATE.EDU (steve hartson) says:
>Can anyone recommend "the best" method to quantitate an amount of
>synthetic peptide.  I don't wish to rely on dry weight because of
>salts and water that may be present in the dried peptide.  The ideal

The best way is amino acid analysis.
Have a look in the ABRF www page for any local labs
who offer this as a service.
Or you could send a sample to us!!

John Fox

Alta BioScience                         Email: altabios at
School of Biochemistry                  Phone: 0121-414-5450
The University of Birmingham            Fax:   0121-414-3376
Edgbaston, BIRMINGHAM, B15 2TT, UK