DIG labeled probes for ISH

Mario Nenno [Bio.] nenno at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Thu Oct 24 06:34:09 EST 1996

Hallo,

I don't have a reference at the moment. But I use DIG-labeled oligos
for ISH. The problem with small probes or low-copy sequences is, that
you have to use a good amplification system.

In our hands a good starting point is the following:
- Anti-DIG antibody from mouse
- Anti-mouse-DIG antibody
- Anti-DIG-antibody conjugated with either FITC or AP or similar

Boehringer Mannheim calls this combination 'DIG amplification system'.

Good luck,
Mario