Bapping

z un691cs at genius.embnet.dkfz-heidelberg.de
Thu Oct 24 05:01:52 EST 1996

In artikeltje  <54577n$4eu at mark.ucdavis.edu>,  17 Oct 1996 12:01:59 GMT,
szcooley at chip.ucdavis.eduD  zei:...

>SARAH LOUISE RAWLINGS (slr2 at coventry.ac.uk) wrote:
>: Hello,
>:
>: I was wondering if anybody could help me with my molecular bioligy
>: problem.
>: I am a student carrying out some reaserch into a protien phosphatase. I
>: am trying to insert my DNA which has been blunted with Klenow into a
>: vector that hes been cipped with Calf intestinal Phophatase. Upon trying
>: to religate the DNA with my vector they do not ligate very easily...

switch to SAP ! shrimp alkaline phosphatase is heat labile and much
easier to handle. In my hands CIP always makes problems. I generally
just add 0.2 ul of SAP to the digest for 30
minutes and, freeze at -70 to inactivate and... presto !

SAP is a USB product, a company that pays me huge amounts of
money to advertise their products on the net. Just that the
checque didn't arrive yet.