where to find a good vacuum pump?

Ted Michelini tedm at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Thu Oct 24 15:50:16 EST 1996

Bela,
	I think a good choice is a teflon diaphragm vac pump. The one my old
lab bought was a K&F Neuberger. It had slightly worse vac than an oil
pump but you could run 40% acetic acid/methanol right through it, which
often occured when the Savant cold traps capacity was exceeded. An oil
pump didn't last 6mo. I belive the company sells through Savant now and
they have a model with a great volumetric capacity as well as a vac.
which approaches that of an oil pump, its a dual head and NOT cheap
(neither is replacing oil pumps, though). No oil, corrosion, etc.Good
luck.

Ted Michelini
Institute of Molecular Biology
University of Oregon
tedm at darkwing.uoregon.edu

PS if you are in the market for a cold trap the Titan marketed through
Jouan if beautiful! ($$!!)