Cloudy PAGE.

Shayan Sharif ssharif at uoguelph.ca
Fri Oct 25 18:10:27 EST 1996

Ellie Ettehadieh (eettehad at ix.netcom.com) wrote:
: I have been running PAGE for the past six years.  I just moved to a new lab
: and today I made up all my solutions and tried making a polyarylamide gel
: to purify some DNA.  To my surprise my gel would polymerize but it would
: look rather cloudy in a milky sort of way.  I was not able to figure what
: the problem was.  Using different solutions of acrylamide or buffer or even
: temed did not help.  Had anyone out there ever experience such a thing?????

: Ellie..

This can be caused by high proportion of acrylamide:bis in the solution.
If you are using solutions with proportion of 19:1 (acrylamide:bis), you
have already identified the culprit.

Shayan