anti-gastrin antibodies

Mike Gruidl mgruidl at com1.med.usf.edu
Sat Oct 26 16:37:09 EST 1996

Hi all:

I am looking for antibodies against human gastrin, a small peptide
hormone.  We bought one from Sigma, it is made against a synthetic
peptide derived from the first ten amino acids.  Initially results were
not convincing on formalin fixed parafin sections. We are currently
repeating the immunostaining.  Northern blots were weakly positive and
the controls responded correctly.  So if anyone knows of  a commercial
source of another antibody or if they have a non-commercial stock they
would be willing to part with a small sample I would be very
appreciative.

thanks

Mike Gruidl