episomal/hygromycin

Ashok Aiyar aiyar at ebv.oncology.wisc.edu
Sat Oct 26 12:10:58 EST 1996

On 26 Oct 1996 09:46:22 -0700, brett <brett at BORCIM.WUSTL.EDU> wrote:
>Ian's point is well taken. Standard SV40 ori will trash COS cells and are
>really good for transient expression. I thought there were mutants (ori or
>large T)

There are ts mutations in T, and there may be ori mutations as well.
A viable alternative is to use BK virus based vectors, which have been
characterised to replicate at 200 - 1000 copies per cell.

>Anyways, I still think it would be worthwhile to see if the
>EBV/hygromycin vector works in the abscence of the EBV/neo vector, possibly
>indicating a possible interference phenomenon.

One oriP does not interfere with the replication of another.

Later,
Ashok
--
Ashok Aiyar, Ph.D.
Department of Oncology            email: aiyar at ebv.oncology.wisc.edu
University of Wisconsin-Madison                  tel: (608) 262-6697