Sequencing GC-Rich DNA

Malia Fullerton S.M.Fullerton at durham.ac.uk
Fri Oct 25 05:00:40 EST 1996

We are having considerable difficulty obtaining readable sequence from
several different human nuclear genes.  I suspect that GC-richness and/or
secondary structure may be influencing sequencing efficiency, as primers
placed at different locations give the same poor-quality sequence, and we
are using (what has been with other loci) ample quantities of
single-stranded template.

What are the best (or at least most commonly used) methods for addressing
this sort of sequencing problem?  References appreciated.