GST Antibodies

Dr A.H.M. Van Vliet AVV2 at le.ac.uk
Sun Oct 27 16:44:39 EST 1996

Dear Evan,

I've used the GST-protein as a carrier when I worked on a ELISA
for cowdriosis, a tick-borne disease of domestic ruminants in
Africa and the Caribbean. The fusion-protein based ELISA worked
fine when tested with experimental animals, but when we started
evaluation of field sera derived from Zimbabwean sheep and cattle,
we found that ca. 15% of the sera was positive with the GST-protein.

This of course was very disappointing, but we managed to improve
the test considerably when using the 6His tag (Qiagen's QiaExpress vectors).

If you need the reference for our paper, it's: AHM van Vliet et al (1995),
J. Clin. Microbiol. 33(9):2405-2410.

hope this helps,

Arnoud