Pulse field electrophoresis protocol?

Sigurdur E. Vilhelmsson vilhels at rockvax.rockefeller.edu
Tue Oct 22 16:25:27 EST 1996

>Hi there:
>
>I want to find a protocol for pulse field eletrophoresis to isolate a
>large piece of DNA fragment. Does anyone have a protocol for pulse field
>electrophoresis which works well in your hands to separate DNA freagment?
>I 'll really appreciate any help or reference of a certain web page on
>this topic. Thanks in advance.
>
>Ian

Hey Ian.
This basically depends on the size of the fragment you want to isolate, and
the sizes of the fragments you want to isolate it from.  In "Pulsed Field
Gel Electrophoresis, A Practical Approach" by Birren and Lai, you can find
graphs and formulas that can help you design a program for your purpose.

Regards
Siggi

This message was created and sent using the Cyberdog Mail System