2M Na Acetate: How to prepare ?

Mongelard Fabien mongelar at dyogen1.ujf-grenoble.fr
Mon Oct 28 06:55:29 EST 1996

How do you prepare 2 M sodium acetate, pH 4 used in RNA extraction ?
Do you dissolve 2 moles of Na Acetate and bring the pH to 4 with acetic
acid (as indicated in Maniatis to prepare 3M NaAcetate pH 5.3 for
exemple), or do you start with acetic acid, and adjust the pH using NaOH ?
Results are different with respect to Na+ and Acetate concentration.

Thanks in advance,
Fabien.
--

Fabien  Mongelard
Institut Bonniot Laboratoire 'DyOGen'  INSERM U309