Best way to clean cuvettes?

Sandra Graham-Lorence Sandy at p450bm3.swmed.edu
Mon Oct 28 16:43:39 EST 1996

todd andrew johnson wrote:

> How often does your lab clean your cuvettes after each sample, set
> of samples, periodically?
>
> thanks, toddJ
	Well, we also have to clean them between each run, as the enzyme is
very sensitive to the presence of substrate, and the substrate sticks
everywhere (fatty acids). Personnally I wash the cuvette with water and
soap (regular detergent) and a cottonswab. I rinse a lot (10 times or
more) with deionised water and then rinse about 10 times with methanol.
Like that I don't have to do an extra wash every so often, it is always
clean (although a little bit time consuming, but results are clean,
so!!!)