Best way to clean cuvettes?

Joe Hilario U51141 at uicvm.uic.edu
Mon Oct 28 20:53:13 EST 1996

if you clean cuvettes between runs..
we have in our lab a set-up which hooks on to your house vacuum line
and essentially it contains a reservoir to put cleaning solvent in
and then it vacuums the solvent into/out of the cuvettes (with the
cuvettes being upside down)

typically we clean the cuvettes with 95% ethanol thoroughly and then with
water.. the use of the vacuum, allows the cuvettes to come out dry as well

Joe Hilario                          In a sea of faces, in a sea of doubt
UIC Dept. of Chemistry               In this cruel place your voice
jovencio at uic.edu                        above the maelstrom
joe at hugh.chem.uic.edu                --The Sisters of Mercy, "Marian"
jovencio at icarus.cc.uic.edu