transfection cells of neural origin

Dima Klenchin klenchin at facstaff.wisc.edu
Wed Oct 30 00:11:29 EST 1996

In article <mdal-2910960703280001 at f-14.das.mcgill.ca>, mdal at musica.mcgill.ca (Andrea LeBlanc) wrote:
#In article <54nptl$6vm at sun0.urz.uni-heidelberg.de>,
#un691cs at genius.embnet.dkfz-heidelberg.de (z) wrote:
#
#> What is the preferred method for transfection of
#> PC-12, C6, Lan-1 and B49 cells ? anybody out
#> there transfecting any of these cell lines ?
#>
#> z
#
#You can use lipofectin with Lan1 using 5 ╣g DNA, and 15 ╣g lipofectin in
#50╣l OPTI-MEM. I don't know about the transfection efficiency but I got
#stables that amplified very quickly. I don't know about the other cell
#lines.

Both lypofection and electroporation work well for PC12. Don't know about
really careful optimization and comparison of these methods that comes
from the same hands.

- Dima