Another RACE question...

Enrique Graziano-Areste egagmp at ac.upc.es
Tue Oct 29 08:44:49 EST 1996

Ok, I am one of those guys that would shout when they
read "RAPID amplification of cDNA ends". It is very slow
      ^^^^^
in a lot of cases... But anyway, I only can clone my cDNA
by RACE so the question is: Which are the best RACE kits
of the moment in terms of reliability?. I have tried to
clone my cDNA with the "classic" RACE (TdT tailing with
oligo dA and then PCR with oligo dT and a specific oligo).
Using this procedure I managed to clone over the 75% of
the messenger. The other 25% seems to need more energical
approaches.
Please, send me any kit suggestion, even if you are a vendor.
Thanks in advance.

Enrique
egagmp at cid.csic.es