cell clumping after electroporation

FABIAN MOEBIUS Fabian.Moebius at uibk.ac.at
Tue Oct 29 10:29:09 EST 1996

Various people in our lab now experience with different types of frozen competent cells that
after electroporation and 1 hour growth at 37 degres the cells are
not homogenous but show sticky filaments as seen with precipitated high
molecular weight DNA (looks like alien worms). Did anybody experience this before? We suspect
that this must be a problem of cuvettes, medium added after EP or
eprouvettes used for incubating the cells before plating.
Thanks for any hint
Dr. Fabian F. MOEBIUS
Institut fuer Biochemische Pharmakologie
Peter Mayr Str. 1
6020 Innsbruck
AUSTRIA
TEL ++43-512-507-3155