Yeast 2-hybrid artifacts

Colin Rasmussen colin at fungus.biochem.ualberta.ca
Wed Oct 30 21:00:48 EST 1996

In article <32778495.6597 at fccc.edu>, Erica Golemis <EA_Golemis at fccc.edu> wrote:

> My post-doc has compiled a fairly extensive list of false positives (and
> we'd love to hear about your, or anyone else's who is reading this).
> The list is on the internet at

I have to ask, how is it decided that something is a "false positive".  Do
you mean by doing the standard genetic check where you see what happens
when the target is expressed alone without the bait vector, or do you mean
that subsequent biochemical studies have failed to confirm an interaction?

Colin

--
Colin Rasmussen
Molecular Mechanisms in Growth Control Group