Cost of seq. plates!

eric anderson e-anderson at ski.mskcc.org
Fri Oct 25 16:02:29 EST 1996

In article <54pfjb$jio at nuscc.nus.sg>, medp4003 at leonis.nus.sg (Farid John
Ghadessy) wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> My lab has just been quoted US$850 for a set of ABI377 glass plates. Out
> of interest I was wondering if they really do  cost that much or if the
> price has been jacked up considerably by the Perkin Elmer branch over
> here (Singapore).

john,

when i worked in a small core facility (with an ABI 373) we paid about
US$750 for a set of plates.  that was 2 years ago.  i don't know if the
plates are any different for the 377, but US$850 doesn't sound too
ridiculous (at least not for large, optically pure sheets of glass).

eric

--
Eric C. Anderson
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center