Pigments are coextracted with RNA....

Hong Seokjin sjhong at bioneer.kaist.ac.kr
Wed Oct 30 09:24:01 EST 1996

When I was isolating RNA from leech(annelid) with hot-phenol method,
I couldn't remove black-colored pigments from RNA. I treated proteinase K,
however, the pigments were remained after treatment. When I used
LiCl, the yield of isolated RNA was too low. As I think, pigment might
bind to RNA when the leech was homogenized.

How can I remove pigments (or ?) from RNA?

  Hong Seok Jin               E-MAIL : sjhong at bioneer.kaist.ac.kr
  Dept. of Biological Sciences            BioResource Laboratory
  Korea Advanced Inst. of Sci. and Tech. ( KAIST )
  Voice : +82-42-869-5612$CALL$$