Transfection of Drosophila Schneider cells

User please at
Wed Oct 30 10:11:36 EST 1996

In article <genecutl-2110960149330001 at>,
   genecutl at (gc) wrote:
>In article <5480ah$pk3 at>,
>please at (User) wrote:
>* Hello !
>* Is there anyone who has experience in
>* calcium-phosphat-coprecipitation of Drosophila Schneider cells S2 ?
>* The problem is, that I cannot detect any RNA of my transfected DNAs
>* by Nuclease S1 - Analysis: For example : VAI is a high expressed
>* RNA Pol III - Gen, but the RNA is undetectable after RNA-Preparation
>* by the GIT-method.
>* Have you got any tips for a solution.
>* Thanks for your time !
>* Björn Sandrock
>* AG Benecke
>* Ruhr-Uni-Bochum, Germany
>Do your cells look OK after transfection?  When you do the precipitation,
>what does the DNA mix look like?  Have tried other assays, such as
>luciferase or beta-gal to double check?

Hi again !
I think, that my problem might be a problem of the number of cells, which
I have used the earlier times. There the cells looked very damaged. In my last
experiment I used four times more cells and everything seemed ok with the
cells. The RNA-Analysis is on the way!