WANTED: Marking Pen for Autorads

Paul A Bucciaglia bucci001 at maroon.tc.umn.edu
Thu Oct 31 10:41:44 EST 1996

hello All,

Can anyone suggest a marking pen to mark blots?  I'm looking for a
luminescent-type pen which will 'burn' a mark into the autorad so it can
be aligned with a blot or lift.  In the past I have used labeled ink
(35S) but we no longer use this isotope regularly plus its not very safe
(although it does work prety well).  I have also tried lumninesent nail
polish but this sticks to the autorads which is pretty messy.  I have
seen some rediculously expensive 'stickers' marketed by Stratagene and
Sigma, haven't tried them because of price.

Any suggestions for 'home grown' markers or a commercailly available marker?

Thanks in advance,

Paul Bucciaglia