Optimal running time for SSCP

Nick Jacobsen jacobsen at cf.ac.uk
Thu Oct 31 06:21:16 EST 1996

Hi there,
        My lab routinely uses SSCP. We find that both at RT and in the
cold room if you run a 6% gel in 0.5xTBE at 70v overnight you get very
good sensitivity for a 270bp fragment. You say you are worried that
sensitivity will decrease if you run it longer. I would say that running
it for a few hours at RT would be a lot less sensitive due to the
temperature of the gel at that sort of voltage.

hope this helps

cheers

Nick