Lambda FixII rest.map

John Watson watson_j at bms.com
Thu Oct 31 07:45:04 EST 1996

noguei01 at mcrcr6.med.nyu.edu wrote:

> Hi there,
> I've been cloning from a lambda FixII genomic library. I have
> identified several clones and I will start mapping the inserts.
> I've been trying to obtain a restriction map for Lambda FixII from
> Stratagene with no success.
> Is there anyone that can help me with information of unique or not very frequent
> sites from these phage?

There is a map of FIX II in the back of the Stratagene catalog, and the company faxed and
emailed the sequence of the MCS when I requested it.  I've included the MCS info below.

Stratagene bacteriophage l FIX-II Multiple Cloning Site
Sequence Range: 1 to 145

              >NotI                                                      >XbaI        >EcoRI
                |                                                          |            |
>XbaI      >SacI|         >SacI                   >SalI   >XhoI    >EcoRI  |    >XbaI   |
  |          |  |           |        T7              |     |         |     |      |     |
  |          |  |           |    ----------->        |     |         |     |      |     |
  |        * |  |     *     |    *          *        | *   |      *  |     | *    |     *
  TCTAGAGAGC TCGCGGCCGC GAGCTCTAAT ACGACTCACT ATAGGGCGTC GACTCGAGAA GGAATTCTCT AGATCTAGAG
  AGATCTCTCG AGCGCCGGCG CTCGAGATTA TGCTGAGTGA TATCCCGCAG CTGAGCTCTT CCTTAAGAGA TCTAGATCTC

                                                  >NotI         >XbaI
                                                    |             |
      >XhoI   >SalI                            >SacI|         >SacI
         |     |                 T3              |  |           | |
  AATTCGGCTC GAGTCGACTC CCTTTAGTGA GGGTTAATTG AGCTCGCGGC CGCGAGCTCT CTAGA
  TTAAGCCGAG CTCAGCTGAG GGAAATCACT CCCAATTAAC TCGAGCGCCG GCGCTCGAGA GATCT

See ya in the funny papers,

AJW

John Watson
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co.