WANTED: Marking Pen for Autorads

MELANSOND melansond at am.abru.cg.com
Thu Oct 31 15:27:34 EST 1996

***hello All,
***
***Can anyone suggest a marking pen to mark blots?  I'm looking for a
***luminescent-type pen which will 'burn' a mark into the autorad so it can
***be aligned with a blot or lift.  In the past I have used labeled ink
***(35S) but we no longer use this isotope regularly plus its not very safe
***(although it does work prety well).  I have also tried lumninesent nail
***polish but this sticks to the autorads which is pretty messy.  I have
***seen some rediculously expensive 'stickers' marketed by Stratagene and
***Sigma, haven't tried them because of price.
***
***Any suggestions for 'home grown' markers or a commercailly available marker?
***
***Thanks in advance,
***
***Paul Bucciaglia
There is a product called "Ghostly Glo" It is fabric paint, and can be found in
craft stores.  I usually dot a tiny amount on the saran wrap or bag, and cover
with a piece of scotch tape.  This works ok, but if you don't cover it or let
it dry completely it can be a mess.