Miniprep robot for extraction of plasmid DNA

Gary Kucera kucera~gt at glaxo.com
Mon Oct 21 05:57:10 EST 1996

Zoltan Penzes wrote:

> Hi,
> We would like to buy (maybe) a robot to do minipreps, i.e. to extract
> plasmid DNA from E coli strains. Could you please tell me anything about
> it, if this machine exits at all, your experience with it, manufacturer,
> approximate price etc. Thanks!
> Zoltan
> zpenzes at samba.cnb.uam.es

MacConnell Research has such a machine.  It purifies up to
24 preps in about 1.5 hrs.  I have just inherited a machine
from another lab and have not had a chance to use it yet.
Apparently all you do is load your overnight culture into
the machine and press "Go", simple as that(?).

Ordering info:

Mini-Prep 24
Cat. #MP2400

MacConnell Research Corporation