Help: How deoxycholate (DOC) affect the size of membrane protein analized by gel filtration or velocity cantrifugation?

Jun Chen Jun.Chen at dartmouth.edu
Mon Sep 2 10:38:40 EST 1996

Hello,

I am studying a membrane protein complex whose activity can be
solubilized by Deoxycholate (DOC). I am trying to determine the size of
the complex, but couldnÕt figure out what is DOCÕs effect on the
complex behave in either gel filtration or velocity centrifugation.
Does anyone know if there is a constant binding ratio of DOC/protein
like SDS does? Or if there are some way I can count out the DOCÕs
effect? Please include references if you can.
Thanks a lot.

jun