Baekon-200 electroporator...

Antoinette Sweeney asweeney at SERVER1.RTC-ATHLONE.IE
Tue Sep 3 07:31:43 EST 1996

Hi,
Has anybody used (or even heard of ) the Beakon 2000
electropermeabilizer.
We obtained one mainly because it could provide a non-contact pulse
delivery system, which we hoped would minimise cell death in the
vicinity of the electrodes.
Voltage, # of pulses, burst time, cycles, pulse time and electrode
distance are the adjustable parameters (its very different to other
electroporators) ..and while we have extensively tested for optimum
permeabilizing conditions for both somatic and spermatogonial cells,
we have had limited success.I would be interested to see if anyone is
successfullt using this piece of equipment...or even know of any
publications featuring it.

Many thanks Antoinette Sweeney
Toxicology Unit
RTC