Qaigen + kits etc

trevor fenning trevor.fenning at hri.ac.uk
Tue Sep 3 08:19:53 EST 1996

     Well folks,

     we find the Qaigen kits usually work (and with Agrobacterium, which
     most don't), but if all you want is plasmid miniprep DNA from E. coli
     why not just do rapid boils on them ?  - Holmes and Quigley (1981), or
     find the method in Sambrook.  The only catch is the method does not
     work well with E. coli HB101, but is fine with DH5a lines.

     They honestly don't take much longer, usually work and cost next to
     nothing.  I have even used them for sequencing without problem, SO,
     the take home message is only use those blasted kits for things that
     really need them !

     Trevor Fenning, HRI Wellesbourne, Warwick, UK.

     PS  Why don't Qaigen answer all these queries themselves ?  Don't they
     read what everyone is saying about them on the Bionet ?!