Baekon-200 electroporator...

Dima Klenchin klenchin at facstaff.wisc.edu
Tue Sep 3 12:22:52 EST 1996

In article <1C882D7D50 at server1.rtc-athlone.ie>,
   asweeney at SERVER1.RTC-ATHLONE.IE ("Antoinette Sweeney") wrote:
->Hi,
->Has anybody used (or even heard of ) the Beakon 2000
->electropermeabilizer.
->We obtained one mainly because it could provide a non-contact pulse
->delivery system, which we hoped would minimise cell death in the
->vicinity of the electrodes.

How is that? Permeable membrane between sample and electrode?

->Voltage, # of pulses, burst time, cycles, pulse time and electrode
->distance are the adjustable parameters (its very different to other
->electroporators) ..and while we have extensively tested for optimum
->permeabilizing conditions for both somatic and spermatogonial cells,
->we have had limited success.I would be interested to see if anyone is
->successfullt using this piece of equipment...or even know of any
->publications featuring it.

I recall smth about it back to 1990(?). Isn't it the guy that is capable
of AC pulses with a range of frequences? What do you need?
Permeabilization? If yes, what type of molecules? DNA transfection?
I might help, should you provide, more info on parameters and conditions
you use.

Regards,

- Dima