Posttranslational mofification question

scase at gems.vcu.edu scase at gems.vcu.edu
Wed Sep 4 12:30:07 EST 1996

I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on how to determine if there
are any posttranslational modifications to my protein, HOXB2.  I've produced
it in the Promega coupled rabbit reticulocyte and also the wheat germ lysates
and the size I'm getting is 50 kDa instead of the predicted 39 kDa.  I don't
believe it is glycosylation since that won't occur in the lysates without
adding microsomal membranes.  How would I test for phosphorylation,
acetylation, isoprenylation, etc.?  Also, could the modifications add 10-11
kDa to the size of my protein (a transcription factor)?  Thanks for any help
you can give me.  E-mail me directly if you wish.

				Sincerely,

					Scott Case
					scase at gems.vcu.edu