RNA quantification on Northern blots

P.-A. Menoud menoud at cmu.unige.ch
Wed Sep 4 08:24:10 EST 1996

Does anybody know a reference discussing ribosomal RNA quantification on
Northern blot.
I don't need methods, just litterature.

Actually, many rewievers ask to reliably quantify the signal on Northern. But
everyone knows that, depending on the experiments (induction...etc), the
signal, for example, of GAPDH or actin or even rRNA may vary a lot and cannot
be taken as internal standard for the normalization.
Therefore, what shall I use to normalize my signal ?

Thanks a lot.

Pierre-Alain