Qiagen: This is ...

Ian A. York iayork at panix.com
Wed Sep 4 17:48:44 EST 1996

In article <qiagen-0409961528540001 at kaiwan195.kaiwan.com>,
QIAGEN <qiagen at kaiwan.com> wrote:

>Following our culture volume recommendations will normally prevent most
>problems with inconsistent or reduced quality results. Please review the
>culture volume recommendations for the kit you are using. As Nikolai

And so on.  This is Qiagen's usual line: Any problem in DNA yield is the
fault of the user.  Crap.  I followed the directions exactly according to
the kit, with a new kit and new buffers, all properly cared for and
prepared, and I got nothing.  When I omitted a step (the Qiafilter) I did
get DNA.  Your problem, not mine.

Qiagen people, if you're going to post on this thread, this sort of reply
is worse than useless.  It simply shows that you're more interested in
covering your asses than in addressing users' concerns.  You have a
problem here.  Stop hiding your heads in the sand and address it.

Sorry about the rant, this will be the last I post on this.