GENOMIC SOUTHERN: help with DNAseI Hypersensitivity (please!!!!!) (:

John Watson watson_j at bms.com
Thu Sep 5 08:35:27 EST 1996

Well, if I were you I would play with different hybridization solutions and/or possibly different
probes on genomic Southerns first, then take what I learned to the DNaseI assay.  There are lots and
lots of different recipies for hyb mixes out there -- it may be that yours gives high background for
some reason.  Alternatively, your probe may have some repetitve elements in it which give the
background smear.

John Watson
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co.
watson_j at bms.com