luciferase

John.Monahan at CIBADIAG.COM John.Monahan at CIBADIAG.COM
Fri Sep 6 15:10:49 EST 1996

Subject: luciferase
Author:  u.381 at inserm.u-strasbg.fr at CCLINK
Date:    9/6/96 2:18 PM

Hi,
I'd like to use luciferase as reporter gene but we don't have luminometer
in our lab. Any suggestion for alternative methods or protocols to
determine luciferase activity or protein will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Jean-Noel Freund
INSERM U381 - Strasbourg - France
u.381 at inserm.u-strasbg.fr

     Jean-Noel

        I used to use luciferase to measure [ATP].  We used a scintillation
     counter as a luminometer.  You just need to turn the coincidence
     monitor off.  The manual for your scintillation counter or tech
     services for the manufacturer should be able to tell you how to do
     this.

     John Monahan
     john.monahan at cibadiag.com